2003 68thNewark Saint Patrick's Day Parade
Line of March for Sunday, March 9, 2003
HEADQUARTERS OF THE GRAND MARSHAL
SAINT PATRICK’S SCHOOL HALL, 70 CENTRAL AVENUE, NEWARK, N.J.
1. The parade in honor of the Thomas E. Durkin, Jr. Family will be held on Sunday, March 9, 2003.
2. All Assistant Adjutants, Marshals and organizational representatives will report to the Adjutant at St. Patrick’s School Hall at 11:00 a.m.
3. All units participating in the parade shall reach the point of assembly not later than 11:00 p.m.
4. The parade will start promptly at 1:00 p.m.
5. The interval between divisions shall be 100 feet.
6. The interval between units shall be 50 feet.
7. Marchers will parade five (5) abreast.
8. All Division Adjutants shall be responsible for the formation of their respective divisions.
9. There will be a reviewing stand in front of Newark City Hall, on the east side of Broad Street.
10. There will be a second reviewing stand at the intersection of Broad Street and New Street on the east side of Broad Street.
11. The National Anthems of Ireland and America will be sung by James M. Mooney, 1893 Grand Marshal, at the reviewing stand in front of Newark City Hall.
11. An exhibition of authentic Irish dancing by the Peter Smith School of Irish Dancing will be performed at the reviewing stand at Newark City Hall.
11. The parade will be televised by Comcast and Cablevision of Newark and South Orange from in front of Newark City Hall. Television commentators will be Noreen M. Giblin, Esq. and Valerie E. Feeney.
ORDER OF MARCH
Police escort – National Guard Color Guard - Newark FOP Color Guard - Banner of St. Patrick – Catholic War Veterans Post 561 – Knights of Columbus Color Guard – Lead Band - Grand Marshal - Chief of Staff - Personal Aide, Aides and Special Aides to the Grand Marshal - Assemble on Central Avenue west of Washington Street.
American Legion Post 152 Color Guard -Band - Deputy Grand Marshal - Chief of Staff - Aides to the Deputy Grand Marshal - Band – Essex-West Hudson Labor Council, AFL-CIO – Band -General Chair and Parade Officers - Past Grand Marshals - Past Deputy Grand Marshals – Past General Chairmen - Assemble on Central Avenue west of Washington Street.
FIRST DIVISION - Assemble on Washington Street south of Central Avenue
SECOND DIVISION - Assemble on Washington Street north of Central Avenue
THIRD DIVISION - Assemble on Halsey Street south of Central Avenue
FOURTH DIVISION - Assemble on Halsey Street south of New Street
ALL VEHICLES - Assemble on Broad Street north of Central Avenue
LINE OF MARCH - Beginning at Washington Street and Central Avenue proceed East on Central Avenue to Broad Street. Proceed South on Broad Street past Newark City Hall to Court Street where the parade will disband.
ALL UNITS PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE SHALL REACH THE POINT OF ASSEMBLY NOT LATER THAN 11:00PM.
THE PARADE WILL START PROMPTLY AT 1:00 P.M.
Adjutant Thomas P. Giblin
Grand Marshal Michael K. Farrell
Deputy Grand Marshal Laurel Brennan